Phoenix serial shootings: Suspect accused of killing nine people identified

Phoenix serial shootings: Suspect accused of killing nine people identified

Aaron Juan Saucedo, 23, killed nine people in 12 different incidents, Police Chief Jeri Williams said at a news conference.

Williams announced Saucedo has been linked to eight other shootings, bringing to nine the total number of killings investigators linked to him.

He faces 26 felony counts of homicide, aggravated assault and drive-by-shooting related to 12 attacks, which took place between August 2015 and July 2016.

Investigators initially believed a serial shooter was responsible for seven deaths previous year, but in recent weeks they determined two other victims - the one killed in August 2015 and another person slain in January 2016 - were shot by the so-called "serial street shooter" who they believe to be Saucedo.

The killer was dubbed the Serial Street Shooter.

"They had a clear mission: bring this killer to justice and get it right".

Police say it appears Saucedo didn't know any of the victims except for his mother's boyfriend, Raul Romero, who was found shot to death in his driveway.

Aaron Saucedo, 23, has been arrested in the "Serial Street Shooter" case.

They also tied Saucedo to the January 2016 murder of 22-year-old Jesse Olivas - and seven other fatal shootings already identified as part of the pattern, police said.

The relatives of two victims in a serial shooting case that Phoenix police say they've solved say they're relieved but hurting emotionally.

But in a unusual quirk, the Department of Public Safety said Saucedo's gun from the killing of his mother's friend had been test-fired as part of the freeway shooting probe.

Records show Saucedo was pulled over for allegedly running a red light on October 27, 2015, just a month after the first killing. Two new murders are linked to the investigation.

"The fact of them finding somebody, at least it was some type of news", Smith said.

The next shooting didn't happen until April 1, 2016, when Verdugo-Sanchez was fatally shot.

Stefanie Ellis, 33, her 12-year-old daughter, Maleah, and a friend, Angela Linner, 31, were killed outside their home on June 12, 2016.

Castro Garcia, 19, was killed on June 10, 2016.

In the most deadly single attack, two women and a 12-year-old girl were shot to death in front of a home before dawn on June 12, 2016, police said.

Related Articles

  • North Korea accuses USA of assassination plot against Kim Jong Un

    North Korea regularly lashes out at the USA and South Korea, though the allegations lodged Friday were more specific than usual. Although a total oil embargo is unlikely, analysts see some kind of curtailment of Chinese exports to North Korea as probable.

    Texas stokes immigration debate with 'sanctuary cities' ban

    In April, a federal judge blocked the Trump administration from enforcing its threat to take away funds from sanctuary cities. Hernandez softened her policy after Abbott cut funding to the county, saying decisions would be made on a case-by-case basis.
    Only Prime Minister Modi can resolve the Kashmir crisis: Mehbooba Mufti

    Only Prime Minister Modi can resolve the Kashmir crisis: Mehbooba Mufti

    She also said that while her government is trying to improve the situation in Kashmir, there are some forces which do not want it.
  • Newcastle United back on top as Blackburn Rovers sink to League One

    Newcastle United back on top as Blackburn Rovers sink to League One

    Dropping into the third tier of English football for the first time in 37 years could deal a calamitous blow to the long-term future of the Lancashire club.

    Cristiano: "I never expected to score 400 for Real Madrid"

    Pepe was given the goal officially, whereas Real cheekily awarded it to Ronaldo - but that's not how it works unfortunately. Not just for me, for the whole team too. "Tomorrow we'll turn our attention to what is an important game on Saturday".
    Google settles Italian tax dispute with $334 million payment

    Google settles Italian tax dispute with $334 million payment

    Google has come to an agreement with the Italian tax office to to pay €306mn to settle a dispute. Google agrees to pay US$335 million (AU$453 million) back taxes in Europe.
  • China's April exports rise but slow from March

    China's April exports rise but slow from March

    But economists question how much further Chinese exports can expand given evidence of weaker demand in developed countries. The value of shipments overseas had been forecast to grow 10.0% according to economists polled by The Wall Street Journal.
    Rs 2 crore in cash to Rs 50-cr land deal

    Rs 2 crore in cash to Rs 50-cr land deal

    He added that two persons have been included in the Cabinet now, Kailash Gahlot and Rajendra Gautam for a post which was vacant. On Sunday, AAP's Okhla MLA Amanatullah Khan had accused Vishwas of being a "BJP-RSS agent" and planning a coup in the party.
    Sunderland board want me to stay on despite relegation - David Moyes

    Sunderland board want me to stay on despite relegation - David Moyes

    Several key Sunderland players are likely to be sold before next season, with top scorer Jermain Defoe among the leading candidates. "We will meet again in a few weeks", Moyes said at his weekly press conference.
  • Trump to announce nomination of conservative federal court nominees

    Among the nominees to be announced tomorrow are two state supreme court justices Trump had identified as potential U.S. Numerous appellate nominees to be announced Monday have deep ties to the conservative Federalist Society.
    Moto Z2 Play spec details leak out

    Moto Z2 Play spec details leak out

    To that end, gone is the 16-megapixel, f/2.0 module, replaced by a 12-megapixel, f/1.7 component featuring dual autofocus pixels. Those include the new entry-level Moto C and C Plus, the Moto E4 and E4 Plus, and the Moto Z2 and Moto Z2 Force.
    The new 'Mario Kart' is the best 'Mario Kart' game ever made

    The new 'Mario Kart' is the best 'Mario Kart' game ever made

    And in the ominous shadow of all this success a new trend echoes across the internet: "This makes up for the failure of Wii U". The Mario RPG games are known for its odd sense of humor and nonsensical take on classic RPG adventures.